2021 Professional Development Bursary
Tourism Professional Development Bursary Application Form
The Saskatchewan Tourism Education Council Department of Tourism Saskatchewan offers professional development bursaries for the Tourism sector in Saskatchewan. This sector includes Accommodation, Food & Beverage Services, Recreation and Entertainment, Transportation and Travel Services. The total of all approved bursaries shall not exceed $5,000 per year.
- STEC will pay for applicable fees, up to $500 per participant, to cover the actual cost of emerit Professional Certification and related training resources (list of eligible occupations available at emerit.ca) or tuition for tourism-related Apprenticeship programs (Guest Services Representative or Food and Beverage Person)
- Application period is May 1, 2021 to May 31, 2021.
- Successful applications will be determined at the discretion of Tourism Saskatchewan.
- Successful applicants will be notified by June 30, 2021.
BURSARY CRITERIA AND SUBMISSION
- emerit Professional Certification applicants must be residents of Saskatchewan and employed* in an eligible occupation with a minimum of 500 hours of experience.
- Apprenticeship applicants must be residents of Saskatchewan and have a minimum of 3000 hours in the applicable trade.
- The applicant must agree to complete the program by May 31, 2022.
- An applicant may not receive more than one bursary per year.
- If you have any questions about the Tourism Professional Development Bursary, please contact Brenda Robertson, Workforce Development Consultant.
* If you were recently laid off from your employment because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may still be eligible for a bursary. We encourage you to apply if you meet all the other requirements.